Friday, March 2, 2012

FNP 3/2/12 (Friday Night Project)

Because of this addictive thing called Pinterest, I have decided to try one of the millions of pins I have accquired every Friday night. A couple of weeks ago I made the diaper box tote and it turned out ok...

buuuuut I have to admit I still have 2 more boxes sitting here that I need to finish AND figure out what to do with them after that.

This week I've decided to rehad this sad litte shelf that was in my sister's room growing up. Wow, Brittany I am sorry! I'm pretty sure that I actually painted this in the first place LOL....Poor kid had to live with a room decorated like this for years!
I took this picture after my "handy" husband had tried sanding it down.

Here are my supplies...1 paintbrush CHECK, 1 can of left over pain CHECK, 1 adult beverage (not required, but definitely suggested :) CHECK!

And here is this little beauty after one coat


Quite an improvement, huh? It is pretty humid here in the metropolis of Needville TX (just outside of Houston), so I'm probably going to have to wait until tomorrow for another coat.  After that I plan on adding some cute scrapbooking fabric to the outer edges or the back panels, haven't decided yet......I plan on using this pin from Pinterest Mod Podgeing with scrapbook paper

Guess you'll have to wait until next week to see the finished project.
So what do YOU think....cover the edges or the back panels?
What colors/design should I use?
Any helpful hints on Mod Podge?


No comments:

Post a Comment